Friday 20 April 2018, 10.15am-17.30pm
Federation Hall, VCA, Melbourne
This symposium is FREE and open to students and the public.
CHANGEMAKERS #1 will bring together key people in the field who are focused on fostering change and new models of arts and cultural practice, and even more importantly – those who are seeking a sustainable future where emerging artists, curators and arts professionals are placed at the forefront. Broken down into six distinct themes, six leaders in the arts will discuss their present circumstances and future vision. With an introduction by Dr. Rachel Marsden, Lecturer in Art Curatorship at the University of Melbourne, speakers include:
- Patricia Piccinini – Artist and Enterprise Professor, Victorian College of the Arts
- Alexie Glass-Kantor – Curator and Executive Director, Artspace, Sydney
- Corbett Lyon – Collector and Architect, Lyon Housemuseum
- Esther Anatolitis – Executive Director, National Association for the Visual Arts (NAVA)
- Caroline Chernov – Chair, VCA Access
- Anita Archer – Director, Pegasos5
This is the first of an on-going series of annual events investigating and responding to the vital issues that impact the livelihood of our arts and cultural sector. It is here that student artists, curators, and arts professionals can make an impact – with ACP PROJECTS and the Victorian College of the Arts at the vanguard of this important conversation.
For more information and to register: