Come and celebrate the all things sustainable food, gardening and the start of the beautiful new spring growing season. All are invited to this super fun afternoon of free workshops, a pop-up market, food stalls and live music in the lush grounds of the Saxon st Garden in Brunswick.
With busy bee times ahead in the spring garden, join in our full program of FREE gardening workshops including
- Grown and Gathered are going through their year round harvest backyard gardening workshop
- Soil health with the Urban Agronomist
- Compost 101 with Pippa from 3000acres
- Brunswick Tool Library teaching how to build raised beds from recycled pallets
- Dr Chris Williams, lecturer in urban horticulture will teach you all about propagating new and unusual vegetables (think yams, sweet potatos and chokos)
- Bee wizz Gary McDonald will be talking about backyard beekeeping
- Seed saving with Toni from the Melbourne Uni Community Garden
- Fermenting and Water Kefir with Donna from ‘A good life in the City’
Bring along the whole family, with face painting and hands-on activities to keep the little ones happy. Or, just check out some market stalls, grab some lunch from the food stalls and listen to some live music on the grass in the afternoon sunshine. Lovely!
October 10th, 12pm-4pm
Saxon St Community Garden, 33 Saxon st Brunswick
Free workshops and displays
Please feel free to share around this great event > https://www.facebook.com/events/1461094580867120/
Happy spring growing season!