Peppertree Place Community Garden is a Kildonan Uniting Care initiative based at the corner of Sydney Road and Urquhart Street, Coburg
- City Sustainable Garden, demonstrating ways suburban gardeners can have a sustainable, long surviving garden in these times of drought. The garden will showcase environmentally friendly plants and techniques, such as water tanks and drought resistant plants.
- Diverse Cultures Herb Garden, showcasing the various herbs used in culturally diverse cuisines. The various demographic populations of the Moreland area will feature strongly as the basis for this herb garden.
- Tea Break Pavillion, a restful spot to sit and have a cup of tea, and enjoy the surroundings. This facility will also be available for use as a function or meeting room space for various groups in the community.
- Future Outlook Orchard, highlighting orchard techniques and fruit bearing trees of the various cultures and demographics of the Moreland region.
- Education and Learning Garden, which will expand upon the afterschool care program, and provide the opportunity for local primary and secondary school students to learn about plants, food and the environment and the garden’s role in health and nutrition.
- CALD Community Kitchen, aimed at newly arriving and developing community groups, offering them a space to prepare, cook and share their food and cultures in large community gatherings.
- Plant Nursery Plot, where plants will be propagated and made available for retail sales, providing vocational and educational training opportunities for participants from various Work for the Dole schemes.
- Food swaps
- After school programmes
- Festivals and workshops
We offer philanthropy groups, business and industry the opportunity to get involved in a local community venture through sponsorship, information sharing, and donation of goods and services.
512 Sydney Road, Coburg . Phone (03) 9471 0108 or Ross on 0414 507 311