Moreland Food Gardens Network (MFGN) provides an opportunity for people in Moreland to come together on a regular basis to share information and collaborate in a variety of ways to improve food access and urban agriculture in the area.
In a nutshell MFGN:
• Provides an opportunity to share information, experiences, skills and ideas related to food and community gardening
• Advocates for food-related issues
• Facilitates improvements to access of free/affordable & healthy food
• Promotes healthy living, social inclusion, local food production and sustainable practices
• Maintains an online resource for the wider community to share the network’s information & related events, which can be accessed here.
MFGN gatherings are held four times a year. Usually on a Friday night 6:30 – 8:30 pm. Usually locations rotate, sometimes at different community gardens, community houses or somewhere within Moreland.
• Groups or individuals wishing to become a member should email
firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why they want to become a member. Membership requests must be approved by at least 2 existing members.
Membership for the Network includes a variety of representatives from Moreland residents, community groups, organisations and services; these include:
• Community Gardens
• Community Health Services
• Health Promotion/Community Development
• Policy makers
To contact MFGN, please email email@example.com and the co-founder, Rasha Tayeh (nutritionist & artist) will get back to you shortly.