Annual Grant round for 2018
The Community Grants Program provides financial support and incentive to community groups, organisations and individuals to implement and support community building initiatives.
Capital Works Partnership Grant is provided for capital works improvements to enhance a facilities inclusiveness and promote greater community access, increased participation and encourage interaction of all age groups. Applicants are required to contribute at least 25 percent of the total project cost through cash and in-kind contributions.
These grants are a two stage application process whereby, successful expressions of interest will be offered to submit a full application. Funding up to $4
Project Grants are provided for one-off project implementation and development that benefits and engages the community through community led initiatives. Projects which increase participation, encourage volunteering, provide leadership opportunities and increase learning and skill development are encouraged. Submissions must provide evidence of a community need and a clear benefit to the wider Moreland community. Funding up to $5,000.
The 2018 applications and submission period runs Thursday 1 February to Sunday 1 April 2018. View and apply online through the Grants website during open dates.
Community Grants Information Sessions
Council runs a number of information sessions for people applying for a community grant. Register to attend an information session.
- Monday 19 February at 6 pm, Moreland Civic Centre, 90 Bell Street, Coburg
- Tuesday 20 February at 5.30 pm, Glenroy Senior Citizens Centre, 11 Cromwell Street, Glenroy
- Wednesday 21 February at 10 am and 6 pm, Moreland Civic Centre, 90 Bell Street, Coburg
- Thursday 22 February at 11 am, Merri Health, 79 Jukes Road, Fawkner
- Thursday 22 February at 5.30 pm, Clarrie Wohlers Senior Citizen Centre, 51 Albert Street, Brunswick East
Grants open all year
Moreland Council offers a range of funding opportunities to community groups and residents that are open all year round.
Female Participation Grant for one-off projects that benefit and engage the community through community led initiatives that increase female participation in sports, physical activity and leadership programs as well as increased learning and skill development. Funding up to $3,000.
Youth Initative Grant for one-off youth led initiatives that addresses key issues facing young people that improves participation in sport and physical activity, youth education and employment training pathways, health and wellbeing, positive youth development and leadership opportunities. Funding up to $3,000.
Membership Activity Grant is provided to support Moreland based community groups to address issues of isolation and active community involvement. Funding up to $2,000.
Quick Response Grant for groups seeking funding for small projects outside of the annual community grant open times. Funding up to $1,000.
Individual Development Grant gives financial assistance to residents of Moreland to pursue achievements in their chosen area of expertise. Funding up to $500.
Visit Council’s website for further information on the grants program at Moreland or click on the title of any category outlined above.
Start planning your application
Are you part of a community group that wants to conduct a project for the benefit of the Moreland Community?
You may be eligible to apply for a community grant. The annual grant round offers funding to support projects and organisations.
How to apply for an annual grant:
- Read the guidelines relevent to the category that best suits your proposal,
- Discuss your proposal with a Council Officer on 9240 1111 or email your projet idea to the Grants Officer,
- Seek quotes for all expenses of your proposal,
- Seek letters of support and establish partnerships and links with community groups,
- Complete the online application, providing all supporting documentation as outlined in the application checklist.
- Submit your application by the due date of the funding round.
Visit Council’s website for further information on the grants program at Moreland and download the guidelines.