Applications close 7 November 2016
In 2016 the LOEWE FOUNDATION launches the LOEWE Craft Prize, an annual international prize recognising an outstanding work of craftsmanship that pairs an original artistic concept with a modern application of traditional methods. The award seeks to acknowledge and support international artisans of any age (over 18) or gender who demonstrate an exceptional ability to create objects of superior aesthetic value. By identifying work that reinterprets existing knowledge to make it relevant today while reflecting its maker’s personal language and distinct hand, the LOEWE FOUNDATION aims to highlight the continuing contribution of craft to the culture of our time.
All entries should:
- Fall within an area of applied arts, such as ceramics, bookbinding, enamelwork, jewellery, lacquer, metal, furniture, leather, textiles, glass, etc.
- Be an original work, handmade or partly handmade
- Have been created in the last decade
- Be one-of a-kind
- Have won no prizes previously
- Demonstrate artistic intent
The Prize for the winning entry is 50,000 euros.
Image sourced here
For more info go to http://loewecraftprize.com/#_about