Applications close 26 February 2016
The Copyright Agency Board endeavours to support a mix of writing, publishing and visual arts projects from around Australia.
When considering applications to the Copyright Agency’s Cultural Fund, the Cultural Fund Committee gives priority to those that support innovation in the Australian creative industries to develop local and foreign markets for Australian works and to projects that are not supported by government funding bodies.
Current areas of focus for the Copyright Agency Cultural Fund include projects that will:
- provide cultural and educational institutions support to give individual artists, authors and publishers opportunities to develop their professional skills and develop new works;
- place artists, authors and publishers in educational settings and build awareness of their work in this sector;
- underpin export market development of Australian publishing and visual arts; and
- provide Australian content with a profile in the increasingly globalised online environment so that Australians can compete effectively on the domestic and international marketplace for creative works.
Cultural fund allocations are made at the discretion of Copyright Agency’s Board, on the recommendation of the Board’s Cultural Fund Committee.
The Cultural Fund does not typically support the following:
- living expenses
- business overhead costs
- capital works
- general administrative costs
- book launches;
- exhibition openings;
- publishers to publish/market books;
- production costs for theatre, film and other performances;
- digitisation of back issues/ catalogues of works;
- creation or maintenance of a website for a publishing house, author or artist; and development of apps for devices.
Who Can Apply
If you have a project that meets the Cultural Fund’s guidelines, you may apply online to an advertised round of the Copyright Agency Cultural Fund. The application process is run on the Smartygrants platform on behalf of Copyright Agency’s Cultural Fund. The Cultural Fund Committee assesses applications and makes recommendations to the Copyright Agency Board. The Board reviews the Cultural Fund Committee recommendations and makes Cultural Fund allocations.
Applicants to the Copyright Agency Individuals Career Fund must be Australian citizens or permanent residents.
In developing your application, you can contact Copyright Agency’s Cultural Fund Manager, Zoë Rodriguez, by email: email@example.com or phone +612 9394 7600.